Are you one of them who think that whiskey and tequila cocktails never go together? Hey, you’re missing a fantastic drink if you’re saying yes.
Before we get directly into the recipe, we would like you to know that you can mix the drinks and have a great experience. But you have to be a bit specific about stuff like going for only silver or Blanco tequila that’s unaged because it blends better with whiskey.
Also, the two drinks should have an additional mixer flavor so you can make the cocktail more palatable.
Alright then, enough prologue, I guess. It’s time to make the best whiskey tequila cocktail you’ve ever had!
How to Make Whiskey Tequila Cocktails?
So, here we’ll tell you what ingredients you’re going to need and what directions you’re supposed to follow to make the appealing cocktails. And, guess what? You’ll get three amazing recipes here! Great, right?
- 1 ½ ounce whiskey
- 1-ounce silver tequila
- 1 ½ ounces ginger beer
- ¼ ounce simple syrup
- ½ ounce lime juice
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- Lime wedge
- To begin, grab your cocktail shaker and have some pieces of crushed ice in it.
- Now, mix tequila, whiskey, simple syrup, and lime juice in the shaker.
- Shake the container for 30 or more seconds.
- After that, you can simply strain the drink into a snifter.
- Use Angostura bitters and ginger beer as toppings.
And, finally, use a lime wedge to garnish. That’s it!
- 2 ounces whiskey
- 1-ounce tequila
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ ounce vermouth
- ½ ounce triple sec-style orange liqueur
- 2 dashes bitters
- Orange twist for garnish
- Take a glass and add all ingredients to it with ice and prepare a chilled cocktail glass meanwhile.
- Stir until the mixture is well-chilled.
- Strain the drink into the chilled cocktail glass.
- Use an orange twist to garnish.
- ½ ounces whiskey
- 3 ounces tequila
- 2 tablespoons fine salt
- 2 ounces maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons maple sugar
- 1-ounce lime juice
- Lime wedges
- Take all the ingredients in a shaker with ice.
- Rim a coupe glass with salt and set it aside.
- Make sure the lid of the shaker is secured and shake it for 30 seconds.
- Strain the drink into the coupe glass.
- Garnish with lime wedges.
Calories & Nutrition Facts
From one-shot (42g) of a whiskey tequila cocktail, you’ll get 97 calories. Below you’ll find other nutrition facts of the cocktail.
- Sugar: 0g
- Alcohol: 14g
- Protein: 0g
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrate: 0g
- Sodium: 0.42g
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I mix whiskey and tequila?
Answer: Yes, you can. Although it’s a bit unusual to mix these two core alcohols, there’s nothing wrong if you can follow the right instructions.
2. Whiskey or tequila gets me drunk faster?
It depends on the proof number. 80 proof spirits mean 40% alcohol which gets you drunk at the same rate if you take them straight. So, whiskey and tequila make a near-zero difference.
3. Does mixing different types of alcohol make you drunker?
No. How much you’ll get drunk depends on how much alcohol you’re drinking, not on where the drinks come from.
4. Whiskey or Tequila, which one is healthier?
It’s tequila. Because, unlike whiskey, tequila comes with a lower level of impurities. Also, it has a lower level of calories and sugar compared to whiskey.