If you enjoy delicious red lobster mashed potatoes, you’ll enjoy this red lobster garlic mashed potatoes recipe. However, you don’t have to eat lobster tails at a restaurant to have the tastiest mashed potatoes. This rich side dish can also be prepared ahead of time.
Creamy red lobster garlic mashed potatoes are among the best recipes to serve during the holiday season. But they also appear on weeknight meals to complement other dishes.
These contain the perfect amount of heavy cream and sour cream. This makes them incredibly creamy and delicious without being too heavy. The sharp white cheddar cheese offers a nutty saltiness that complements the fluffy potatoes perfectly.
Red Lobster Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 3 pounds medium peeled and quartered Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 unsalted butter sticks, divided
- 1 pound cooked lobster meat, claws reserved, with the remainder cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- White cheddar cheese
- To taste, season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place potatoes in a 4- or 5-quart saucepan and fill with water by about 1 1/2 inches.
- Bring the pan to a boil over high heat, then lower to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are soft when poked with a thin knife, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 stick of butter in a medium pan over medium-low heat. Cook, constantly stirring, until the lobster meat is just heated through.
- When the potatoes are ready, drain them and return them to the saucepan, reserving the cooking water in a bowl.
- Cook, constantly stirring, until they turn floury and begin to cover the bottom of the saucepan, 5 to 10 minutes. Mash the potatoes until smooth with a potato masher or ricer.
- Heat the remaining butter and milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Using a wooden spoon, add 1/4 cup of the milk mixture at a time to the potatoes, mixing to combine.
- Add sour cream. Stir the lobster and butter into the potatoes, saving the claws for a garnish. If the potatoes are still dry after adding all of the milk mixtures, add a little bit of cooking liquid.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm, garnished with lobster claws.
Red Lobster Mashed Potatoes Nutrition Facts
- Calories 190 (795 kJ)
- Total Fat 9 g
- Saturated Fat 4 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 15 mg
- Sodium 600 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24 g
- Dietary Fiber 3 g
- Sugars 2 g
- Protein 4 g
- Alcohol 0 g
What to Serve with Lobster Mashed Potatoes?
Wondering what to serve with lobster Mashed potatoes? Here are some of our faves, varying from delicious pork chops to a meaty steak.
It’s a delicious, creamy, buttery side dish that goes with almost anything! Seriously, there are a variety of entrees that go well with mashed potatoes.
You’ve come to the right place if you’re wondering what to serve with those creamy mashed potatoes. We’ll tell you what we think are the top 5 dishes that go perfectly with mashed potatoes.
Thanksgiving dinner with turkey and mashed potatoes is one of the most traditional combinations in American cuisine. The richness and softness of the mashed potatoes provide a perfect contrast to the saltiness of the meat.
Meatballs are a treat to eat. Those heavenly balls are delicious, whether flavored with creamy gravy, smoky barbecue sauce, or tangy cranberries.
But what will make it even better are the creamy mashed potatoes. Their tastes and textures complement each other well.
If you want to take things up a level, infuse your potatoes with garlic. It gives the side a richer flavor that goes great with the meatballs.
As a steak is 100% protein, you’ll need significant starch to balance out the meaty goodness. And mashed potatoes were the ideal choice. The rich tastes of the steak spices combine perfectly with the potatoes, increasing their flavor even further.
4. Fish Cakes
As fish cakes have a light flavor, pair them with a rich and creamy side dish. Your fish cakes will taste much better when served with mashed potatoes.
5. Fried Chicken
Fried chicken and mashed potatoes are another popular combination. The tasty entrée has that crispy on the surface, tender on the inside quality.
A smooth and creamy starch is the perfect complement to that mouthwatering fried chicken.