Fruity Fran chicken salad Chick Recipe is one of the best options to have snacks when you’re on diet or to prepare the lunch box for your children. It’s a healthy dish that never fails to make anyone happy with its delicacy.
But you can’t enjoy its mouthwatering taste without preparing the salad the right way. To save you from any mess, we’ll share how to make the Fruity Fran Chicken Salad Chick recipe at home. This copycat recipe is exactly the one you’ve been looking for.
Let’s see what’s there for you.
You can also consider: Chicken Salad Chick Recipes with More Directions.
What’s Special About This Chicken Salad Recipe?
This delicious, flavorful salad is super easy to make. The addition of lemon juice and sour cream gives a bit of tartness that’s balanced by the natural sweetness of different fruits.
And, you can customize the dish according to your preference. The add-ins are totally up to you. But you need to keep the proportions right, that’s the key. If you can make it right, you’ll get a chicken salad that’s healthy, tasty and flavorful.
How to Cook Chicken for Chicken Salad
While cooking chicken for a chicken salad, you should make sure that there’s enough moisture in the cooked chicken.
You can use poached chicken, grilled chicken, rotisserie chicken, roasted chicken, or any option you want for the salad. Here, we’ll show you how to make poached chicken for a delicious chicken salad.
- Take a pot and add 2 quarts of water to it. Then, bring the pot to boil and add 1 tablespoon of salt to the water.
- Let the water boil and in the meantime, cut boneless chicken breasts into chunks (2 ½-inch).
- Once the water boils, add the chicken to it and take the pot back to a simmer.
- Turn the heat off and secure the pot with a lid.
- This time, you’ll want to wait 15 minutes and let the meat sit.
Once done, set the poaching liquid aside, and treat it like light chicken broth.
Fruity Fran chicken Salad Chick Recipe
After cooking the chicken, gather the ingredients below and go through the making directions to get your desired result.
- Cooked chicken breast (chopped): 1 pound
- Mayonnaise: ½ cup
- Chopped pecans: ¼ cup
- Sour cream: ¼ cup
- Black pepper (freshly ground): ⅛-¼ teaspoon
- Diced celery: ¼ cup
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
- Dried cherries: ⅓ cup
- Salt: 1 tablespoon
- Halved grapes: ½ cup
- Fuji apple: ½ to ¾ cup
- Take a large bowl and add sour cream, lemon juice, salt, and mayonnaise in it. Then start whisking the ingredients and finally, add pepper to taste.
- Stir in chicken, dried cherries, pecans, and celery.
- Serve the salad over a bun, with lettuce, or croissant.
- Calories: 510
- Carbohydrate: 17 g
- Protein: 37 g
- Fat: 32 g
- Sodium: 803 mg
- Sugar: 13 g
- Fibre: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 116 mg
Bonus Tips to Make The Best Chicken Salad
- If you have any leftover chicken, roast, or rotisserie chicken, use some chicken breasts to shred or slice. Adding this to your salad will make it tastier.
- Eating a salad over lettuce helps you get a low-carb dish.
- Add fruits, nuts, and crisp vegetables that contrast with the texture and flavour of your chicken.
- In case you’re planning to make sandwiches ahead of time, keep lettuce on its bottom. This way, you can avoid having a soggy bun.
How Long Does Chicken Salad Last?
If you keep your chicken salad in a sealed container and store it in the refrigerator, you can expect the salad to last 3-5 days. But how long the salad stays of good quality is up to the ingredients you used for making the salad.
Mayo-based chicken salads retain the taste for the whole period. However, if you use any oil-based dressing like a vinaigrette, then the quality of your salad might not be good after 3 days.
Vegetables in the salad usually wilt and lose their crunch after 1-2 days. Nevertheless, this can be an issue for some people and not a thing for others.
Now, let’s get to know some tips about how to store chicken salad:
- Use an airtight container to store the salad in the fridge.
- If you make the salad using lots of greens such as kale, spinach, or lettuce, make sure you store it in a bigger container to avoid squeezing in as much as possible. It prevents the veggies from wilting.
You may ask, ‘can I freeze chicken salad?’
This won’t be a good idea, sorry. You won’t get the look or taste of fresh salad after thawing frozen chicken salad. However, it’s safe to eat this. You just won’t get the taste back.
After the long discussion about the Fruity Fran Chicken Salad Chick recipe, we hope that we could show you the right path to walk on. As you’ve seen, it’s very easy to make the dish and you don’t need too much time for it as well. Follow the directions carefully and make the salad as great as you can!