The delectable frozen seafood mixed pasta recipes are a terrific way to transform a bag or two of frozen seafood mix into a quick, excellent supper. This weekend, we enjoyed it for lunch with steamed broccoli and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
We understand that you can eat nothing but fish for supper. Making pasta with seafood is one of the best alternatives. If you’re having trouble making your spaghetti or rotini pasta taste well, we’ve put up delicious frozen mixed seafood pasts recipes for you.
This dish is simple but gorgeous, and it’s great for entertaining! When you have guests around, you can frequently serve this simple but delicious spicy seafood pasta.
SPICY SEAFOOD PASTA: HOW TO MAKE IT?
This dish begins with a simple homemade tomato sauce made with spices, garlic onions, and tomato puree. The scallops and shrimp are cooked first, followed by the clams and mussels, which are steamed in some of the pasta’s cooking liquid. Toss together the shellfish, tomato sauce, and pasta then serve.
How Long Should Frozen Seafood Mix be Cooked in Boiling Water?
We wouldn’t say that boiling frozen seafood is a must, but it will help if you soften the seafood combination ahead of time. It will keep fish from getting rubbery due to overcooking.
After defrosting frozen seafood, you just need to boil it for a few minutes. In a saucepan on the stove, cook frozen seafood mix for 5-8 minutes. After the water reboils, examine mussels to see if their shells have opened; if they have, boil the seafood mixture for an additional 3 minutes.
Tips for Cooking Delicious Spicy Seafood Pasta:
- You may make the tomato sauce up to two days ahead of time. It may be kept in the fridge until the pasta and seafood are ready to be cooked.
- If you don’t have time to create your own sauce, you can use a jar of your favorite sauce.
- In this dish, we use 31-40 count shrimp. We like this size because it’s close to the scallops.
- Any combination of seafood will go, but slices of calamari, fish, or lobster are all excellent choices.
- Don’t have any spaghetti? Try angel hair, fettuccine, or linguine as a substitute for spaghetti.
Frozen Mixed Seafood Recipes: Spicy Seafood Pasta
This seafood meal has a creamy and spicy flavor thanks to the crabs, herbs, scallops, and noodles. It’s a tasty dinner that comes with a tossed salad and toast. For hectic schedules and whenever you need some comfort food, it’s always a quick and delicious supper solution.
Spicy Seafood Pasta: Ingredients
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion.
- 2 tsp minced garlic.
- Optional: 1/2 tsp dried red pepper flakes.
- 28 ounces purée whole tomatoes.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter.
- Spaghetti or any other long pasta, 12 oz.
- 1/2 pound skinned and coarsely chopped shrimp; tails can be left on for a more attractive appearance.
- Sea scallops, 1/2 pound.
- Scrubbed 1/2 pound clams.
- 1/2 pound oysters, de-bearded and cleaned.
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley.
Spicy Seafood Pasta: Instructions
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the onions are softened. Cook for another minute after adding the garlic.
- Add the pureed tomatoes after adding the red pepper flakes (for spice). To taste, season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a low boil, then reduce to low heat and cook for 20 minutes, or until the sauce has just begun to thicken. Remove the sauce from the heat after stirring in the butter.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions in a big saucepan of salted water while the sauce is simmering.
- Drain the pasta and set aside 3/4 cup of the cooking water.
- In a large pan, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil on high heat.
- Add the scallops to the pan after seasoning them with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes per side, or until the scallops are golden and crisp.
- Take the scallops out of the pan. Add the shrimp to the pan after seasoning them with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and red.
- Take the shrimp out of the pan. Place the clams and mussels in the pan with the pasta water that has been set aside. Bring to a low boil, then reduce to low heat.
- Cook, covered, for 4-6 minutes, or until mussels and clams have opened. Any shells that did not open should be discarded.
- Return the shrimp and scallops, together with the tomato sauce and pasta, to the pan. Toss to evenly distribute the sauce.
- Serve with a parsley garnish.
You can also read: 8 Easy Ground Pork Pasta Recipes for Dinner
We always have these special frozen mixed seafood recipes at our neighborhood Italian eatery. Going out to eat may be costly, so you may try to make your favorite spicy seafood pasta at home. This spaghetti is loaded with frozen seafood and tossed in a homemade sauce that tastes even better than the restaurant version!