Vegan chocolate-covered strawberries are perfect for the summer or as a romantic dessert! They are gorgeous crowd-pleasers because they are juicy, chocolaty, and beautifully decorated.
Is there anything more romantic than vegan chocolate-covered strawberries with cocoa powder? It’s bright red with a juicy filling. And it has a smooth chocolate coating that melts in your mouth is just delicious. The dark chocolate combined with almond butter creates a healthful and smooth coating. In addition, it ensures that your dipped fruit is not excessively sweet.
- 1 Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
- 2 Some FAQs About This Recipe
- 2.1 1. How Healthy Is Chocolate-Covered Strawberries?
- 2.2 2. Why Do People Love Chocolate-Covered Strawberries?
- 2.3 3. Do Chocolate-Covered Strawberries Taste Good?
- 2.4 4. Where to Buy Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberries?
- 2.5 5. Where to Find Vegan Chocolate?
- 2.6 6. Is it Better to Make the Chocolate-Covered Strawberries the Night Before?
Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
It’s a simple and healthy dessert that’s also a lot of fun to make. And children love to help with the crunchy topping! And they are perfect for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, or any other occasion!
So let’s get to the recipe
- 450 g lb. fresh strawberries
- Vegan chocolate coating
- 1 cup chopped semi-sweet dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon almond butter
- 50 g cup chopped vegan white chocolate
- 20 g cup chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Rinse and drain the strawberries, leaving the green leaves on.
- Place in the refrigerator after patting dry with paper towels.
- Put the chopped dark chocolate in one bowl and the chopped white chocolate in the other.
- Fill two pots ¼ full of water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and add the bowls. Make sure they are large enough to cover the pots!
- Melt the chocolate over a pan of just boiling water, stirring constantly.
- Once the dark chocolate has melted, mix in the almond butter to incorporate.
- Take the strawberries out of the refrigerator. After that, arrange them on a tray coated with parchment paper.
- Gather your toppings, which should include melted dark chocolate, melted white chocolate, crushed almonds, shredded coconut, and cocoa nibs. Make sure they each have their own small bowl or plate.
- Take your first strawberry by the little green leaves. And then coat it evenly with melted dark chocolate. Shake off any excess, then put your coated strawberry on the tray you’ve prepared.
- Repeat with the rest of the strawberries, arranging them in a single layer on the tray. Drizzle a few of them with extra black or contrasting white chocolate for a lovely finish. Either use a fork or a piping bag if you have one.
- Finally, top with some crunchy toppings! Roll your chocolate-covered strawberries in shredded coconut, crushed almonds, or cocoa powders in the prepared bowls. Place the decorated strawberries in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
- Are you’re preparing this for an all-adult gathering or maybe just for yourself? Then you can add a tiny little bit of liquor like bourbon or whiskey.
- Store any leftover chocolate mixture in an airtight jar before serving. To give it a unique flavor, you may also add some lemon zest.
- In addition to ice cream, this recipe is perfect for ice cream cake, pretzels, cookies, potato chips, etc.
- You can also use sprinkles, chopped nuts, rice crispies, and other mix-ins.
You can also check this: Vegan Christmas Dessert Recipes
Some FAQs About This Recipe
1. How Healthy Is Chocolate-Covered Strawberries?
Chocolate is the most popular Valentine’s Day food gift. Chocolate provides some health advantages on its own – if we don’t overuse it. But what about chocolate-covered strawberries? Yes, the answer is YES! Chocolate and strawberries contain antioxidants. They are linked to a lower risk of infection and cancer and can boost our immune systems.
2. Why Do People Love Chocolate-Covered Strawberries?
People love chocolate covered strawberries because:
- It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare
- Healthy and delicious
- Decadent but not excessive
- A kid-friendly and entertaining summer treat
- Cost-effective and customizable
- Ideal for a romantic dessert and edible gift
You can enjoy chocolate-covered fruit all year long with any seasonal goodness you can find! We really like it during the warmer months.
3. Do Chocolate-Covered Strawberries Taste Good?
Yes, chocolate-covered strawberries definitely taste good.
Chocolate-covered strawberries are not only delicious but also visually attractive desserts. Of course, you may add a variety of types of toppings to increase the taste. But the basic combination of chocolate-covered strawberries is also amazing.
Plus, they’re delicious! The sweetness of a fresh ripe strawberry complements the bitterness of the chocolate.
4. Where to Buy Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberries?
Chocolate Covered Strawberries are a popular sweet dessert this time of year. They are available at every candy store, grocery store, and even the local floral shop.
There’s even a company that delivers cold, chocolate-covered strawberries to your loved ones.
5. Where to Find Vegan Chocolate?
Check the ingredient list on most dark chocolate bars or chips to see whether they are vegan! This means that nearly every store should carry at least one vegan variety.
Things get a little difficult when it comes to vegan white chocolate. Look for vegan labels or famous vegan companies, which vary depending on where you live!
6. Is it Better to Make the Chocolate-Covered Strawberries the Night Before?
If possible, make your vegan chocolate-covered strawberries just a few hours before serving. This allows the chocolate to harden and firm.
Storing them in the fridge for an extended amount of time, such as overnight, may cause some “sweating.” This is because the berries gradually shed moisture and can become mushy!