Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad is an unbeatable option for any occasion. It’s easy to make and you’ll find it perfect to enjoy any time you want. This salad is just a mixture of broccoli florets, bacon bits, shredded cheese, and some delicious dressing ingredients.
But people who are a fan of Chicken Salad Chick won’t find any other recipes as delicious as the restaurant’s special broccoli salad. Can you make a copycat version of the recipe at home?
Of course, you can. Even it’s pretty simple to do so. In this article, we’re going to share the complete procedure of making Chicken Salad Chick broccoli salad. All the tricks and tips they use to make the dish will be disclosed here!
Excited to explore more? Let’s get to the recipes without wasting a minute.
Side Ingredients for Broccoli Salad Recipe- Chicken & Bacon
Before we get into the Chicken Salad Chick broccoli salad recipe, here are some preparatory tasks for you. This will be a perfect side dish but don’t skip it because we’ll cook the chicken here and then use it later in the main recipe.
Ingredients for Boiling The Chicken
- Boneless chicken breast: 16 ounces
- Black peppercorns (whole): 8-10
- Sliced lemon: 1 half
- Bay leaf: 1
- Fresh parsley: 1 handful
- Peeled onion: ¼ of an onion
- Salt: ¼ tablespoon
- Garlic (crushed): 1 clove
- Water: An amount that covers the chicken by 1 inch
Making Directions For Boiled Chicken
- If your chicken was stored in the freezer, keep it out at room temperature for 30 minutes first. It’s better if you even out the thickness by gently pounding the chicken.
- In the meantime, prepare the ingredients for the poaching liquid. Cut the onion, crush the garlic, and slice the lemons.
- Take a fair amount of water in a large pot. Then, add salt to it and stir well. Now, spread the chicken breasts to your pot in a single layer. Stacking the breasts on top of each other won’t be a good option.
- Put the other ingredients in the water until the chicken is submerged by one inch.
- Place the pot over a medium heat source. All the ingredients should come to simmer now. It’s better if you shake the pan gently as it helps distribute the heat properly.
- Lower the heat and start simmering the ingredients for around 10 minutes. To check whether the chicken is cooked desirably, consider using a meat thermometer. The internal thermometer should reach 170 degrees Fahrenheit. If using a meat thermometer isn’t your option, you can simply use a knife and pierce the chicken. The juices should not be in pink colour and run clear.
- Once done, get the chicken back from the poaching liquid and let it cool down.
Ingredients for Preparing the Bacon Bits
- Bacon (thick cut): 1 pound
Bacon Bits Making Directions
- Preheat your oven to 425℉.
- Try to proceed with very cold bacon that’s a bit firm and not straight out of the fridge. In case, you’re dealing with frozen bacon, thaw it for 30 minutes.
- This time, stack the bacon strips on top of one another. The bacon strips should be thin so you can cut them with your knife without putting much pressure.
- Slice your bacon strips in half lengthwise and make them thinner. After that, place them horizontally on the chopping board and start cutting them into chunks.
- Place a cast-iron pan on a medium-high heat source (stove preferably) and put the bacon bits on it to cook them for a few minutes. Meanwhile, separate the chunks of bacon using a spatula.
- Move the cast iron pan into your oven and start baking the food at 425℉. The baking duration should be more or less 30 minutes. You can check every 10 minutes and stir it if you want.
- After the duration, spread some paper towels and drain the bacon bits.
Finally, you’re ready to make the delicious Chicken Salad Chick broccoli salad recipe.
Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad Recipe
As we’ve said before, we cook the chicken earlier and use it later in the main recipe. Now, let’s start the Chicken Salad Chick broccoli salad recipe without a delay.
- Boneless boiled chicken breast: 16 ounces
- Shredded cheese: ¾ pounds
- Vinegar: 1 ounce
- Mayonnaise: 8 ounces
- Cooked bacon: 2 ounces
- Apple cider vinegar: 2 ounces
- Marietta dressing: 4 ounces
- Sunflower seeds: 2 ounces
- Chopped red onion: 4 ounces
- Broccoli (cut in shapes): 1 ½ pound
- Salt and pepper: As needed
- Walnut: 8 ounces
- White sugar: 2 ounces
- Take a large bowl and mix the cooked chicken with broccoli, walnuts, onions, and sunflower seed in it.
- Now, take a separate bowl and add mayonnaise, sugar, Marietta, and vinegar to it. Mix all the ingredients and try to get a perfect blend.
- Pour the dressing over your broccoli and secure the bowl with a lid.
- Let the salad chill enough. Once it’s got chilled, add salt and pepper to the salad and stir it well to mix properly.
- Add cheese and bacon to the salad (it’s optional though).
That’s it! That’s what you need to do to get copycat broccoli salad like the Chicken Salad Chick recipe.
- Calories: 170
- Dietary fibre: 2 g
- Sodium: 170 mg
- Carbohydrate: 10 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Fat: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 3.5 g
Voila! Now you know the right way to make Chicken Salad Chick broccoli salad. Serve the mouthwatering salad alongside any dish you want. You can keep spaghetti with meatballs, beef stew, grilled chicken, or almost anything you want as a pair of this recipe. It’s super tasty and healthy at the same time. Hope you’ll enjoy this nutritious dish!