There are tons of reasons why people love having a glass of Blue Motorcycle Cocktail to get buzzed. It’s super easy and fun to make the drink and the recipe isn’t time-consuming as well.
Only a few, available ingredients are enough to make your glass ready so you’ll find it pretty comfortable to make it any time. In this article, we’ll start with the surface-level talks about the cocktail, and then we’ll share the recipe plus nutritional formula and pretty interesting information.
Hopefully, you’ll find the piece informative and satisfying.
What Exactly Blue Motorcycle Drink Is?
Before we dig deep, let’s ponder a more fundamental question; what is a Blue Motorcycle drink?
It’s a combination of five alcohols (you’ll get to know them in detail). The most important factor here is the ratio of all the alcohols you are going to mix together. You have to blend the flavors right to get the best result.
However, don’t worry about it as we’ll walk you through every necessary step to make a perfect cocktail. Although it’s a concussion of several alcohols, it’s smooth if you can make it right.
In case you wonder why the drink is blue, it’s because of Blue Curacao. Blue Curacao is an ingredient used to make the cocktail. It’s a pure, gluten-free, and distilled drink that gives the color blue.
And, you should also be familiar with blue motorcycle drinks and other names. It’s also known as AMF (adios mother fucker). Specifically, the AMF term is more popular in areas like Arizona and Blue Motorcycle term is on the East Coast.
Blue Motorcycle Cocktail Recipe
Starting with my most favorite way to make a blue motorcycle cocktail at home. It only takes 2 minutes for the prep work and 5 minutes to cook. So, you’re going to make such a fantastic drink within less than 10 minutes.
Blue Motorcycle Ingredients
- 25 ml Vodka– About choosing vodka, you can go for any vodka you like cause it doesn’t make things different. Vodka doesn’t even alter the flavor, it just adds the alcoholic volume.
- 25ml Tequila– Using silver tequila is our recommendation because it will give you better consistency by maintaining the flavors.
- 25ml Rum– Do you prefer strong flavors? If yes, then go for dark rum, obviously. Otherwise, Bacardi does good work.
- 10ml Lemon-lime soda– To add a smooth and refreshing flavor to your drink, this ingredient works like a champ.
- 25ml Gin– Try to use a gin that’s not overpowered but has a great consistency.
- 10ml Sour mix– It’s just a combination of lemon, water, and sugar.
- 25ml Blue Curacao– This ingredient is going to add a blue color to our cocktail.
- Lemon slices– As you can guess, lemon slices will be used for garnishes.
Pieces of equipment you’re going to need
- Cocktail shaker
- Collins glass
- Stainless-steel straw (option)
How to make Blue Motorcycle Cocktail?
- To begin, take a Collins glass and add some ice cubes to it.
- Now, grab a large shaker and pour the required amount of vodka, tequila, rum, gin, blue curacao, sour mix, and lemon-lime soda.
- Shake it vigorously, take around 30 seconds to do so.
- It’s time to check the consistency of the drink to determine whether it’s foamy. You can use a strainer to get rid of the excess foam from the shaker.
- Now, pour the drink into the Collins glass. On top of the drink, add lemon-lime soda.
- Finally, garnish it with lemon slices.
Voila! You’ve done an amazing job!
Nutrition Facts of Blue Motorcycle Cocktail
Here we’ve compiled the nutritional information of the drink so you can have a better understanding of what you’re consuming.
- Calories: 311.4kcal
- Carbohydrates: 18.86g
- Protein: 0.2g
- Fiber: 0.63g
- Sugar: 9.1g
- Vitamin C: 10.5mg
- Vitamin A: 5.1IU
- Calcium: 24.5mg
- Potassium: 29.9mg
- Sodium: 26.2mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
Blue Motorcycle vs Long Island
The key ingredients of Blue Motorcycle and Long Island are quite the same but you can easily distinguish the two drinks easily because of their colors.
Blue motorcycle, as the name suggests, it’s blue-colored. And, you may guess that it’s Blue Curacao which gives the blue color.
On the other hand, Long Island is made with triple sec instead of Blue Curacao. Also, bartenders use coca-cola to make it taste better. So, when you see coca-cola through the glass, the color lets you recognize the drink in no time.
And, here’s how you can make Long Island, it’s as easy as making a Blue Motorcycle.
- ½ ounce vodka
- ½ ounce tequila
- ½ ounce gin
- ½ ounce rum
- 1-ounce coca cola
- ½ ounce triple sec
- 1 lemon slice
Steps to make Long Island
- Grab a cocktail shaker and fill it with ice.
- Pout tequila, vodka, gin, rum, triple sec, and sour mix.
- Shake it vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Now, pour the drink into a glass.
- Top with coca-cola for color and use a lemon slice for garnish.
Yes, this is it!
1. Is Blue Motorcycle the same as AMF?
Yes, it’s a multi-liquor cocktail and the name varies from place to place.
2. Why is it called Blue Motorcycle?
An ingredient named blue Curacao is used to make the cocktail which gives it the blue color. For this, it’s called Blue Motorcycle.
3. What are some drinks that are blue?
Other than the blue motorcycle, Blue Moon, Jack Frost Cocktail, Blue Lagoon Cocktail, etc are blue cocktails.