If you’re tired of cooking the same old sandwich for lunch, it’s time to get creative. This turkey pesto sandwich recipe makes excellent use of all of the tasty pesto you saved over the summer. Pesto is a popular stirred into hot pasta. It is served over a goat cheese-topped crostini. And drizzled over sautéed tomatoes or combined with mayonnaise to increase the flavor.
Serve this sandwich with a warm bowl of potato soup or beside a hearty fall salad to transform it from a lunch offering to a complete and fulfilling supper.
- 1 5 Best Turkey Pesto Sandwich Recipes
- 2 1. Turkey Pesto Sandwich Recipe
- 3 2. Turkey Bacon Pesto Sandwich
- 4 3. Turkey Pesto Avocado Sandwich
- 5 4. Vegetarian Pesto Sandwich
- 6 5. Chicken Pesto Sandwich Recipe
5 Best Turkey Pesto Sandwich Recipes
There are several ways to make a turkey pesto sandwich. Here are the top 4 most popular recipes:
1. Turkey Pesto Sandwich Recipe
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 1/3 French baguette
- 2 1/2 ounce sliced roasted turkey
- 4 slices pickled sweet cherry peppers
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella, ripped into big pieces
How to Make
- Spread pesto equally over the sliced sides of the baguette.
- Layer turkey, cherry peppers, and mozzarella on the bottom of a baguette
- Replace the bread top to make a sandwich. If wanted, cut it in half and serve immediately.
Calories and Nutrition Facts of Turkey Pesto Sandwich
- Total Calories793
- Total Fat47 g
- Saturated Fat 12 g
- TransFat 0.4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 18 g
- Cholesterol119 mg
- Sodium2299 mg
- Potassium1059 mg
- Total Carbohydrates54 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein40 g
2. Turkey Bacon Pesto Sandwich
- 3 tbsp Pesto
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise 4 toasted pieces of bread
- 6 slices Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- 4 ripe tomato slices
- 4–6 slices cooked Sunday Bacon
How to Make
- Combine pesto and mayonnaise in a mixing bowl until smooth and well blended. Spread pesto mayonnaise on top of toasted bread slices.
- Top with tomato slices and bacon after dividing the turkey evenly between two slices of bread.
- Top with the remaining toasted bread slices. Serve each sandwich in half.
Calories and Nutrition Facts of Turkey Bacon Pesto Sandwich
- Calories: 446
- Total Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- unsaturated Fat:17g
- Cholesterol: 116mg
- Sodium: 925mg
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein42 g
3. Turkey Pesto Avocado Sandwich
A homemade turkey avocado sandwich is ideal for lunch or picnics.
- 6 inch French baguette, split in half
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons pesto (basil or sun-dried tomato)
- 6 slices cold turkey cuts
- A few handfuls of alfalfa sprouts
- 1/4 sliced avocado
- A 1/4 of a mato, thinly sliced
How to Make
- Toast each bread piece lightly.
- On one slice of bread, spread mayonnaise, and on the other, pesto. Add in the turkey, alfalfa sprouts, tomato, and avocado. Top with the remaining bread piece.
Calories and Nutrition Facts of Turkey Pesto Avocado Sandwich
- Calories: 304
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Sodium 1005mg
- Potassium 631mg
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 15g
- Iron: 1mg
4. Vegetarian Pesto Sandwich
The grilled veg pesto sandwich can be made quickly and easily at home.
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup Green, red zucchini
- 1 cups Tomato
- 2 tbsp Pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup Cheese
- 1 cup Onion
- 2 tsp Celery
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 slices Bread
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Oil and salt
How to Make
- All of the bell peppers, zucchini, onion, garlic, and mushrooms should be cut up.
- In a pan, heat the oil and toss in the garlic, onion, and bell peppers. Toss in the mushrooms and zucchini once more.
- Mix in the pesto and white sauces well. Give it a good stir once you’ve added the cheese. Add salt to taste and fully mix.
- Take the mixture off the heat. And set it aside. Mix in the mayonnaise and celery. Mix everything well.
- On a pan, toast or grill the bread slices. Apply butter and the mixture to it.
- Place the second slice on top of the first, completing the sandwich.
5. Chicken Pesto Sandwich Recipe
You’re going to love this pesto chicken sandwich recipe.
- 6 large chicken breasts, flattened to a thickness of 1cm
- 9 tbsp Pesto Sauce
- 6 pieces Italian ciabatta bread, cut in half and toasted
- 12 slices Tomato
- 12 slices Mozzarella cheese
How to Make
- In a mixing dish, combine the chicken breast with 3 tbsp. Spread pesto sauce on top and coat the chicken pieces with it. Grill the chicken on both sides over medium-high heat until completely cooked.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sandwich by spreading the remaining 6 tbsp pesto sauce evenly inside the bread.
Place tomato slices on the bottom of the bread and top with cooked chicken breast. Next, put the cheese slices on top of the heated chicken breast, allowing the heat to slightly melt the cheese. Serve cut into halves.