To remove calcium buildup in a toilet bowl, you can use a commercial best toilet bowl cleaners for Calcium buildup and specifically designed for this purpose, such as CLR or Lime-A-Way. Another option is to make a paste of equal parts water and white vinegar, and spreading it on the affected areas. Let it sit for a few hours, then scrub with a toilet brush and flush. You can also use a pumice stone to scrape away the buildup. For heavy buildup, you may need to repeat the process several times. Avoid using abrasive materials such as steel wool, as they may scratch the porcelain.
Based on effectiveness and ease of use, my top recommendations for cleaning calcium buildup in a toilet bowl are:
Review of Best Toilet Bowl Cleaners For Calcium Buildup
1. CLR PRO Calcium, Lime & Rust Remover – Quickly Removes …
- Brand: CLR
- Dimensions: Height: 11.87 Inches Width: 6.38 Inches Length: 4.38 Inches Weight: 2.0 Pounds `
This product is amazing! It quickly and easily removes calcium, lime and rust deposits without any scrubbing. It is also safe to use on most surfaces. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who needs to remove these types of deposits.
- Quickly and easily removes calcium, lime and rust stains
- No scrubbing or pre-treatment necessary
- Can be used on a variety of surfaces including: ceramic, enamel, fiberglass, grout, porcelain, stainless steel, stone and tile
- Is safe for plumbing and septic systems
- Non-toxic, biodegradable and non-corrosive
I’m so glad I found this product! It works great on removing calcium, lime, and rust from my surfaces. It’s quick and easy to use and doesn’t require any scrubbing.
2. Iron OUT Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Repel Rust and Hard …
- Brand: Iron OUT
- Manufacturer: OUT
- Color: White
- Dimensions: Height: 4.88 Inches Width: 4.0 Inches Length: 2.0 Inches Weight: 0.41875 Pounds `
This product is amazing! It keeps my toilet bowl clean and free of rust and hard water stains. It also helps repel future stains. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a good toilet bowl cleaner.
- It can automatically clean your toilet bowl and remove rust and hard water stains easily.
- It is very easy to use. Just drop it in the toilet tank and let it do its work.
- It is very effective in keeping your toilet bowl clean and fresh.
- It helps to extend the life of your toilet by preventing rust and corrosion.
- It is very affordable and comes with a money back satisfaction guarantee.
This product is great! It works really well at removing rust and hard water stains from my toilet bowl. I love that it is automatic so I don’t have to remember to do it myself.
3. CLR Brilliant Bath Foaming Bathroom Cleaner Spray – For Use …
- Brand: CLR
- Manufacturer: CLR
- Dimensions: Weight: 1.625 Pounds `
This is an amazing product! I have never used anything like it before. It makes cleaning my bathroom so much easier and faster. I love the way it foams up and gets rid of all the dirt and grime.
- CLR Brilliant Bath Foaming Bathroom Cleaner Spray is very effective in cleaning the bathroom and leaves it sparkling clean.
- It is very easy to use and does not require any scrubbing or rinsing.
- It has a fresh citrus scent that leaves the bathroom smelling great.
- It is safe to use on all types of surfaces including ceramic, porcelain, glass, metal and plastic.
- CLR Brilliant Bath Foaming Bathroom Cleaner Spray is very affordable and comes in a convenient spray bottle.
I have never used a bathroom cleaner that made my tub and tile look so clean and new! I will never go back to using anything else.
4. CLR PRO Calcium, Lime and Rust Remover, 1 Gallon Bottle
- Brand: CLR
- Manufacturer: Jelmar
- Color: Clear
- Dimensions: Height: 11.0 Inches Width: 8.0 Inches Length: 5.0 Inches Weight: 9.0 Pounds `
CLR PRO Calcium, Lime and Rust Remover is a powerful and effective cleaner that removes tough calcium, lime and rust stains quickly and easily. It is safe to use on a variety of surfaces, including porcelain, glass, tile, fiberglass, stainless steel and more. CLR PRO Calcium, Lime and Rust Remover is also great for outdoor cleaning tasks like removing stains from concrete patios or driveways.
- CLR Pro Calcium, Lime and Rust Remover is a powerful, multipurpose cleaner that can be used on a variety of surfaces.
- It effectively removes calcium, lime scale, rust stains and other build-up from surfaces without damaging them.
- CLR Pro is safe to use on a wide range of materials including ceramic, porcelain, glass, metal and more.
- It is easy to use – simply apply it to the affected surface and wipe away the build-up with a clean cloth.
- CLR Pro leaves surfaces sparkling clean and free of unsightly stains – perfect for both indoor and outdoor use!
This stuff is amazing! It’s so easy to use, and it really works. My tub and sink looked brand new after using this product. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to get rid of calcium, lime, or rust build-up.
5. Lime-A-Way Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Liquid 16 oz (Pack of 2)
- Brand: Lime-A-Way
- Manufacturer: Lime-A-Way
- Dimensions: Height: 2.5 Inches Width: 8.0 Inches Length: 10.5 Inches Weight: 0.00220462262 Pounds `
This is an amazing toilet bowl cleaner! It works so well and it’s easy to use. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a good toilet bowl cleaner.
- It eliminates the toughest toilet stains quickly and effectively.
- It is safe to use on all types of toilets, including porcelain, ceramic, stainless steel and plastic.
- It has a fresh lime scent that leaves your toilet smelling clean and refreshed.
- It is easy to use; simply squirt it around the bowl and brush as usual.
- It is affordable and comes in a convenient two-pack size.
This is the best toilet bowl cleaner I have ever used! It gets rid of all the stains and makes my toilet look brand new.
6. Powerstone Pumice Stone Toilet Bowl Cleaner w/ Handle (1-Pack) – …
- Brand: Powerstone
- Manufacturer: Powerstone
- Color: White
- Dimensions: Height: 1.5 Inches Width: 1.5 Inches Length: 9.5 Inches Weight: 0.25 Pounds `
The Powerstone Pumice Stone Toilet Bowl Cleaner is the perfect way to clean your toilet bowl! The pumice stone is great for getting rid of those tough stains and the handle makes it easy to use. This cleaner is a must-have for anyone who wants to keep their toilet looking its best!
- It can efficiently remove the toughest stains and dirt in your toilet bowl without using any harsh chemicals.
- The long handle design of the Powerstone Pumice Stone Toilet Bowl Cleaner allows you to reach even the most hard-to-reach areas in your toilet bowl for a thorough clean.
- It is also very easy to use – simply dip it in water, scrub and flush!
- This pumice stone toilet bowl cleaner is also very affordable and will save you money in the long run as you won’t need to buy expensive cleaning products anymore.
- Regular use of this product will leave your toilet bowl looking brand new and shiny – guaranteed!
I was so excited to try this product out! I have always hated cleaning my toilet, but this pumice stone made it so much easier and faster. It’s also really easy to store since it comes with a handle. Overall, I’m really happy with this purchase!
7. Lime-A-Way Liquid Toilet Bowl Cleaner Remove Lime Calcium Rust 16 …
- Brand: Lime-A-Way
- Manufacturer: Lime away
- Color: Green
- Dimensions: Height: 11.0 Inches Width: 9.0 Inches Length: 9.0 Inches Weight: 1.0 Pounds `
Lime Away is a great product that quickly and easily removes lime, calcium and rust build up in your toilet bowl. It’s easy to use, just squirt it around the bowl and let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing and flushing. Your toilet will look like new in no time!
- 1.Lime-A-Way Liquid Toilet Bowl Cleaner Remove Lime Calcium Rust 16 is very effective in removing limescale and calcium deposits from toilet bowl surfaces.
- It helps to keep the toilet bowl clean and fresh smelling by preventing the build-up of these deposits.
- It is easy to use, simply apply and leave for a few minutes before flushing away.
- It is safe to use on all types of toilet bowls and surfaces.
- It is competitively priced compared to other similar products on the market
If you’re looking for a powerful toilet bowl cleaner that can remove the toughest lime, calcium and rust stains, then Lime-A-Way Liquid Toilet Bowl Cleaner is the cleaner for you! This stuff really works wonders and it’s so easy to use – simply squirt it around the bowl and let it do its thing. After a few minutes (or longer if you have really tough stains), just brush away the stains and flush – it’s that simple! I highly recommend this cleaner if you’re looking for something that will make short work of even the most stubborn stains.
8. [4 Pack] Extra Long Handled Pumice Stone Toilet Bowl Cleaner …
- Brand: IMPRESA
- Color: White
This product is amazing! It comes with 4 pumice stones that are extra long and perfect for cleaning toilet bowls. They have a comfortable grip and work great at getting rid of tough stains.
- The product is easy to use.
- The product is sturdy and well made.
- The product is gentle on the skin.
- The product is effective at removing dirt and grime.
- The product is affordable.
I absolutely love these pumice stones! They are the perfect size for cleaning my toilet bowl and they have a nice long handle so I don’t have to get my hands dirty. They work great and I would definitely recommend them to anyone!
9. Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner with Lime and Rust Remover, 24 …
- Brand: Lysol
- Manufacturer: Lysol
- Dimensions: Height: 10.0 Inches Width: 2.5 Inches Length: 3.5 Inches Weight: 0.000625 Pounds `
This product is amazing! It removed all the rust and lime from my toilet bowl within minutes and it was very easy to use. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a good toilet bowl cleaner.
- Effectively removes lime scale and rust buildup from toilet bowl surfaces
- Cleans and disinfects in one step
- Eliminates odors caused by bacteria
- Fresh citrus scent leaves bathroom smelling clean and refreshed
- Easy to use, simply squirt around the bowl and brush as usual
This Lysol toilet bowl cleaner is great! It definitely gets rid of any lime and rust build up in my toilet and leaves it sparkling clean. The scent is also very refreshing. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a good toilet bowl cleaner.
10. CLR Calcium, Lime & Rust Remover, Blasts Calcium, Dissolves Lime, …
- Brand: CLR
This product is amazing! It totally blasts calcium and dissolves lime with no problem. I would highly recommend it to anyone.
- CLR Calcium, Lime & Rust Remover is a powerful cleaner that blasts calcium deposits, dissolves lime scale, and removes rust stains. It is safe for use on most surfaces, including glass, porcelain, stainless steel, fiberglass, grout, tile, showers, tubs, toilets and more. CLR Calcium Lime & Rust Remover is also effective in removing hard water spots.
I was so pleased with CLR Calcium, Lime & Rust Remover! It blasted the calcium and dissolved the lime in no time at all. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who needs to remove calcium or lime deposits.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you remove encrusted limescale from a toilet?
If you’ve ever had a toilet with limescale, you know how difficult it can be to remove. Limescale is a type of mineral deposit that can build up on the inside of your toilet bowl and cause serious damage if left untreated. While there are many commercial products available to help remove limescale, there are also some simple home remedies that can be just as effective.
One of the easiest ways to remove limescale from your toilet is to simply scrub it away with a stiff brush. This will require some elbow grease, but it’s usually the best way to get rid of smaller deposits. For larger or more stubborn deposits, you can try using white vinegar or lemon juice.
Just apply either one of these acidic liquids directly to the affected area and let it sit for several minutes before scrubbing away. If neither of these methods seems to be working, you may need to resort to something a little more heavy-duty like CLR or Lime-A-Way. These products are designed specifically for removing limescale and other hard water deposits and can usually be found at your local hardware store.
Just follow the instructions on the bottle and be sure to wear gloves when using them since they can be quite harsh on your skin. With any luck, one of these methods will help you successfully remove all traces of limescale from your toilet bowl!
How do you get thick limescale off toilet bowl?
Limescale is a chalky white mineral deposit that can form on surfaces in contact with hard water. It’s often found on faucets, showerheads, and in toilet bowls. While limescale is not harmful, it can be unsightly and difficult to remove.
There are a number of ways to remove limescale from your toilet bowl, including using vinegar or CLR.
What is the best toilet bowl cleaner for hard water stains?
If you have hard water stains in your toilet bowl, you’re probably wondering what the best way to clean them is. There are a few different options that you can try, but some work better than others.
One option is to use a pumice stone.
This will work to remove the stains, but it can be quite abrasive and may damage the porcelain on your toilet bowl. Another option is to use a product specifically designed for cleaning hard water stains. There are many of these products available on the market, and they usually come in gel or liquid form.
Apply the cleaner to the stained area and let it sit for several minutes before scrubbing with a toilet brush. If you’re still having trouble getting rid of the stains, you can try using vinegar or lemon juice. These acidic substances will break down the minerals that are causing the staining.
Just apply them to the affected area and let them sit for a while before scrubbing and flushing.
Will CLR remove calcium buildup in toilet?
If your toilet has a calcium buildup, you can try cleaning it with CLR. CLR is a calcium, lime and rust remover that is safe to use on plumbing fixtures. To use CLR, mix it with water according to the instructions on the bottle and apply it to the affected area.
Let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing with a brush or sponge. Rinse the area well with water.
If you’re looking for the best toilet bowl cleaners for calcium buildup, look no further than our top picks. We’ve rounded up the best of the best so you can clean your toilet bowls with ease. You can also consider Round Toilets to make sure a easy clean process.