Findings Best Keto Diet Recipes for Beginners, it’s not so easy. It’s also true, following a low-carb diet routine doesn’t need to be pathetic.
You can make easy and delicious dishes when you are on keto. But you might feel stuck on the same food and here’s where the need for a proper guideline comes.
Don’t worry, this article will make it clear for you about what foods you should stick with and which ones to avoid on keto. And, there are the 10 best keto diet recipes for beginners so you get everything you need to start keto.
So, let’s start exploring, shall we!
- 1 What Foods Are Keto Safe?
- 2 12 Best Keto Diet Recipes You Should Try
- 2.1 1. Keto Chicken Parmesan
- 2.2 2. Keto Cauliflower Bacon Cheese Mash
- 2.3 3. Keto Broccoli Salad
- 2.4 4. Egg Roll Bowls
- 2.5 5. Chicken Taco Avocados
- 2.6 6. Keto White Chicken Chili
- 2.7 7. Spinach-Artichoke Chicken
- 2.8 8. Pumpkin Cheesecake with Almond Pecan Crust
- 2.9 9. Keto Burger Plate
- 2.10 10. Spaghetti Squash with Bacon and Blue Cheese
- 2.11 11. Pollo Tropical Keto Menu With Low Carbs Dieting
- 2.12 12. Keto Jamba Juice Menu
- 3 What Foods Should You Avoid on Keto?
- 4 Top Keto Diet Plan Questions and Answers
What Foods Are Keto Safe?
We’ll share some great keto-friendly recipes with you but before that, let’s get to know what foods you should choose to eat while on a keto diet. You might be surprise most of the people also made their success of keto diet meal with Medi Weight Loss Week 1 food list.
1. Meats with Their Substitutes
Starting the listing with the perfect meal for keto. When it comes to eating meat on keto, you can choose literally anything from pork, beef to poultry.
- Deli meats
- Organ meats
- Tofu, extra firm
2. Fish and Seafood
You can eat almost any fish and shellfish if you’re on a keto diet. Fatty fishes like sardines, herring, mackerel, and salmon are even more fantastic choices.
- All types of fish
3. Ways of Eating Eggs
Following keto-friendly eating habits doesn’t mean that you have to avoid dietary cholesterol as you avoid carbs. There are right ways to add eggs to your meals like the listing below.
- Boiled, soft, or hard
You’re going to choose non-starchy vegetables (crunchy salad veggies, leafy greens) that you can eat on a keto diet. Above-ground vegetables are mostly keto-friendly.
- Brussels sprouts
- Green beans
5. Fruit and Berries
Tart fruits are generally okay to eat on keto but you should keep the serving size small. Other than that, most fruits have high amounts of sugar. The list below is about the best keto fruits and berries.
6. Nuts and Seeds
While eating nuts and seeds on keto, you should be watchful of two things- don’t choose the wrong type of nuts (e.g cashews contain a higher amount of carb than others), and don’t eat too many of them (only 25 grams is enough for a snack).
- Pine nuts
- Macadamia nuts
- Brazil nuts
7. Fats and Sauces
Most people fear eating fat while doing keto. But the fact is, fat lets you feel fuller for a significantly long time. Opt for foods that are protein-rich such as eggs, fish, meat, and poultry to get the fat. Another way is to cook with olive oil and use cheese to top your veggies with Best Vegetable Salad Recipes for Weight Loss.
Also, rich sauces like garlic butter, Bearnaise sauce, and mayo can be your choice on keto. But it’s better to ignore them if you’re working to lose weight.
12 Best Keto Diet Recipes You Should Try
And, here comes the best part! Let’s get to know about those easy and fast (read ‘lazy keto meals’ as you won’t need much time for cooking) recipes.
1. Keto Chicken Parmesan
This classic Italian dish is very easy to make. You can have it anytime within around 20 minutes only. It’s for 2 servings.
- Boneless and skinless chicken breast: 8 ounce
- Egg: 1 piece
- Grated Parmesan cheese: 1 ounce
- Crushed pork rinds: 1 ½ ounce
- Heavy whipping cream: 1 tablespoon
- Garlic powder: ½ teaspoon
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Italian seasoning: ½ teaspoon
- Red pepper flakes: ½ teaspoon
- Shredded mozzarella cheese: ¼ cup
- Ground black pepper: ½ teaspoon
- Tomato sauce: ½ cup
- Clarified butter (ghee): 1 tablespoon
- The first thing you’ve to do is to set the oven rack. Keep the rack around 6 inches apart from the source of heat. Then, preheat the broiler of your oven.
- Now, it’s time to slice the chicken breast. Carefully slice it middle horizontally from one side to the other side (within half-inch). Open and spread the two sides out. Pound the chicken flat until it’s half-inch thick.
- Take a bowl and beat egg and cream together.
- Take another bowl and mix Parmesan cheese, crushed pork rinds, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, ground black pepper, salt, Italian seasoning together. Then, move the breading to a plate.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture you set aside. Try to coat the chicken with egg, completely. Press chicken into breading and make sure to coat both sides properly.
- Set a medium-high heat source and place a skillet over it. Then, add ghee to it. Now, place the breaded chicken on the pan and start cooking.
- Cook around 3 minutes for each side of the chicken. After that, you should see the juices run clear and no pink in the center.
- Insert an insert-read thermometer into the center. Make sure the thermometer can read a minimum of 165℉.
- Take a baking sheet and transfer chicken to it. Use tomato sauce to cover the cheese and then use mozzarella cheese for toppings.
Broil for 2 minutes. Within this time, cheese should start bubbling and being brown.
2. Keto Cauliflower Bacon Cheese Mash
Do you love mashed potatoes and miss it while doing the keto diet? Well, you don’t have to do this anymore since here you get this mouthwateringly creamy, bacon & cheese-flavored mashed cauliflower.
This one is for 4 servings.
- Diced bacon: ½ pound
- Shredded Parmesan cheese: 1 cup
- One cauliflower (large), cut into florets
- Unsalted butter: 4 tablespoons
- Apple cider vinegar: ½ tablespoon
- MCT (Medium Chain Triglyceride): 2 tablespoons
- First thing first, keep a skillet over a heat source (medium-high heat) and put bacon on it. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the bacon is evenly browned.
- Once done, take a few paper towels and drain the bacon on them. Reserve the residual grease in the skillet.
- Take a silicone or metal steamer basket inside a pressure cooker and place the cauliflower in it. Take one cup of water into the pot. Secure the lid and lock. The cooker should be multi-functional so you can select the Steam function.
- Then, set the duration for 4 minutes.
- To let the pressure build, wait 10-15 minutes.
- Look over the manufacturer’s instructions and use the quick-release method (according to the directions) to release pressure.
- Now, remove the lid.
- It’s time to drain the cauliflower and move it into a deep bowl. Then, add other ingredients like butter, salt, vinegar, MCT oil, and Parmesan cheese.
- Mix all these ingredients from the bowl using an immersion blender. Do it until the blend is smooth.
- Then, stir in the diced bacon.
Lastly, add the reserved bacon grease to it.
3. Keto Broccoli Salad
If you’re a keto lover and a broccoli lover at the same time, this recipe is one of the best keto recipes for breakfast. It’s great to be obsessed with broccoli because, from one cup of broccoli, you’ll get the same amount of vitamin C that one orange contains.
Broccoli is called a nutritional powerhouse as it has potassium, fiber, and some protein as well. So, let’s see how you can cook an amazing serving of 4 people.
- 3 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- Thinly sliced red onion: ¼ cup
- Shredded cheddar: ½ cup
- Cooked and crumbled bacon: 3 slices
- Sliced almonds (toasted): ¼ cup
- Freshly chopped chives: 2 tablespoons
- Mayonnaise: ⅔ cup
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Dijon mustard: 1 tablespoon
- Apple cider vinegar: 3 tablespoons
- Kosher salt
- Take a medium saucepan and pour 6 cups of water into it. Add salt to the water and then bring the water to boil.
- Wait a few minutes until the water boils. Meanwhile, take a large bowl filled with ice water.
- Add florets of the broccoli to boiling water. And, cook the broccoli for 1 minute or until it’s tender.
- Once cooked, use a slotted spoon to get the broccoli out. Now, place it in the ice water.
- When the broccoli gets cool, spin it twice in a salad spinner.
- Take a medium bowl and add mayonnaise, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, and black pepper to it. Combine these dressing ingredients all together.
- Now, take a large bowl and combine broccoli, cheddar, onion, bacon, almonds, and chives in it. These are salad ingredients.
- Pour the salad ingredients over the dressing. Then, combine all the ingredients by tossing them a few times. Salad ingredients should be coated in dressing, properly.
- Refrigerate it until you think it’s ready to serve.
4. Egg Roll Bowls
Crispy, savory egg rolls have a huge fanbase out there. If you’re one of them, this item is one of the keto lunch recipes on the go. We are going to make it as 4-people servings.
- Ground pork: 1 pound
- Thinly sliced green cabbage: ¼
- Minced garlic: 1 clove
- Shredded carrot: 1 cup
- Vegetable oil: 1 tablespoon
- Toasted sesame oil: 1 tablespoon
- Soy sauce (low-sodium): ¼ cup
- Minced fresh ginger: 1 tablespoon
- Sriracha: 1 tablespoon
- Thinly sliced green onion: 1 piece
- Kosher salt
- Toasted sesame seeds: 1 tablespoon
- Place a large skillet over a medium heat source. Now, pour vegetable oil into the skillet and heat it.
- Add ginger and garlic to the skillet and cook for 1 minute.
- Add pork and cook for 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile, stir occasionally. You should notice the meat turning into a golden color in parts.
- Now, you should break the meat into pieces. Use a spatula to do so.
- Push pork with the spatula and keep it on one side of the skillet. Then, add sesame oil.
- Now, add carrot, onion, and cabbage to the oi and stir them to mix with the meat you’ve set aside.
- Add sriracha and soy sauce to the ingredients.
- Cook them for 5-8 minutes.
- Season to taste using salt.
- Place the mixture in a serving bowl.
- Now, use sesame seeds and scallions to garnish the food.
5. Chicken Taco Avocados
Another nutrition-packed keto meal idea is here. It’s a win-win for avocado and keto lovers. It’s a serving for 6 people.
Ingredients for the filling
- Cooked black beans: 1 cup
- Green chiles (divided): 1 can of 4 ounces
- Taco seasoning: 1 package
- Shredded rotisserie chicken: 1 cup
- Canned corn: 1 cup
- Ripe avocados: 3 pieces
- Fresh cilantro: 2 tablespoons
Ingredients for the Dressing
- Ranch dressing: 1 cup
- Kosher salt: 1 tablespoon
- Lime juice: ¼ cup
- Freshly ground black pepper: 1 tablespoon
- Fresh cilantro: 1 tablespoon
- First off, heat the broiler.
- Now, take a large bowl and combine shredded chicken, black beans, half a can of green chiles, taco seasoning, corn, cheddar, and fresh cilantro in the bowl. Make sure all ingredients are combined well.
- Halve three avocados. Remove the pit as well as hollow out the insides of the avocados.
- Take a small bowl and mash the inner parts of each avocado in it. Then, set it aside.
- Place each avocado boat facing up. Take ⅓ cups of filling to fill each boat.
- Once you fill the boats, sprinkle fresh cilantro and cheddar over the fillings.
- Now, broil for 2 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Take another bowl and combine the remaining green chiles, ranch dressing, cilantro, lime juice, pepper, and salt in it. Stir well to combine.
- This time, fold in mashed avocados and make sure you mix them until the paste is smooth.
- Get back to the oven and remove the avocado boats.
- For garnishes, use more cilantro and serve.
6. Keto White Chicken Chili
Now, we are going to make a creamy, thick chili with bite-sized chunks of pulled and sauteed chicken. You can either serve it right away or refrigerate it overnight to have better flavor.
And, guess what? This can be one of the best keto family meals for cold winter nights. We are going to make a batch of 8 servings.
- Skinless and boneless chicken breasts: 2 pounds
- Grated Monterey Jack cheese: 1 ½ cups
- Divided butter: 1 stick
- Chicken broth: ¾ cup
- Chili powder: 1 ½ teaspoon
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Cumin: 2 teaspoons
- Heavy whipping cream: 2 cups
- Ground black pepper and salt
- Onion powder: 1 ½ tablespoon
- Chopped green chiles: 2 cans (4-ounce each)
- Hot sauce: 1 teaspoon
- Cream cheese: 4 ounces
- Place a large skillet over a medium-high heat source. Add oil first and then 2 tablespoons of butter in it.
- In the meantime, use salt, chili powder, and black pepper to season the chicken.
- Once done, place chicken on the plate and cook it’s every side for 5 minutes. Try not to flip it early.
- After 5 minutes, start turning the chicken now and then to prevent it from burning.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until you see no pink inside the chicken. Also, the juices should run clear. The overall cooking time may depend on how thick the chicken breast is.
- Take a plate and move the chicken onto it. Let the chicken coop for 10 minutes.
- Use your fingers to carefully shred chicken. And, set it aside.
- A large and heavy pot should be taken now. Combine cream cheese, heavy cream, 6 tablespoons of butter, cumin, onion powder, chicken broth, and hot sauce in the pot.
- Season the mixture using black pepper and salt and bring it to a simmer.
- After that, cook the mixture for 5 minutes or until the cream cheese and butter melt.
- Go back to the chili in the pot and add Monterey Jack cheese, green chiles, shredded chicken to it.
- Now, cook on low heat for 20 minutes. Don’t forget to stir occasionally.
7. Spinach-Artichoke Chicken
Another chicken item is here to add to your keto meals. Anyone who follows a low-carb food habit will love this ultimate comfort food. It’s a serving of 4 members, hope that’s going to work for you and your friends.
- Frozen spinach: ½ package of 10-oz
- Shredded Parmesan cheese: ¼ cup
- Garlic powder: ½ teaspoon
- Skinless and boneless chicken breasts: 4 pieces of 8-oz
- Mayonnaise: ¼ cup
- Drained and chopped artichoke hearts: ½ of a 14-ounce can
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Shredded mozzarella cheese: ½ cup
- Olive oil: 1 tablespoon
- Softened cream cheese: 1 package of 4-ounce
- Take a medium-sized bowl and keep spinach in it.
- Keep the bowl in your microwave and wait 2-3 minutes to let the bowl be warm.
- After that, let the spinach cool down and you can slightly squeeze it to get rid of excess moisture.
- Keep the spinach in the bowl again.
- Now, mix Parmesan cheese, salt, artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, cream cheese, and garlic powder in the bowl. Then, set it aside.
- Pound the chicken breasts ensuring an even thickness. Try to keep the thickness under 1-inch.
- Season both sides of the chicken using salt and pepper.
- It’s time to preheat your oven to 375℉.
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to the skillet. Brown the chicken breasts in it for around 2-3 minutes.
- Take a large baking dish and place the chicken breasts in it.
- Coat the top of every breast with the spinach-artichoke mixture.
- Now, go back to the preheated oven and bake the chicken for 20 minutes or more until there’s no pink in the center.
- Use an instant-read thermometer in the center. The thermometer should read a minimum of 165℉.
- Use mozzarella cheese to top the chicken breasts and keep baking for 2 minutes or until you see the cheese melting.
8. Pumpkin Cheesecake with Almond Pecan Crust
At this stage of our article, adding a sweet cheesecake recipe will be the right step, won’t it? Let’s see how you can make this low-carb cake that offers a serving for 16 people. It’s one of the easy weeknight keto dinners out there.
Ingredients for the crust
- Almonds: 1 cup
- Melted butter: 3 tablespoon
- Granular sucralose sweetener: 2 packets of 1 gram
- Pecans: 1 cup
Ingredients for the filling
- Granular sucralose sweetener: ⅔ cup
- Low-fat cream cheese: 3 packages of 8-oz
- Ground ginger: ½ teaspoon
- Pumpkin puree: A can of 15-oz
- Ground cinnamon: 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- Eggs: 3
- Salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Ground cloves: ¼ teaspoon
- First of all, preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Take a food processor and pulse pecans and almonds until ground. However, don’t make it like paste.
- Add butter and sweetener to it and stir all to combine well.
- After that, take a 9-inch springform pan and press the mixture into the bottom of it.
- Now, place the mixture in the oven and bake it for 10 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Once done, let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Get back to your food processor and take ⅔ cup sweetener and cream cheese. Then, blend them together for 2-3 minutes. Add ginger, pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, salt, and vanilla extract to the food processor and blend them for 2 more minutes.
- It’s time to add in eggs but do it one at a time.
- Now, mix all the ingredients thoroughly after you add each one.
- Add butter to the crust you just prepared.
- Get back to your preheated oven and bake it for 45-50 minutes. You should notice the filling jiggles.
- Then, wait to cool it down for 30 minutes.
- Cover the cheesecake, place it into the refrigerator for 4 hours (at least) and then serve.
9. Keto Burger Plate
Was I about to miss adding a beef item? Sorry if you’ve been waiting for one. Now, let’s enjoy this delicious keto dinner you can make easily for 2 people.
- Ground beef: 12 ounce
- Olive oil: 2 tablespoon
- Taco seasoning: 1 tablespoon
- Lettuce: 2 ounces
- Pepper Jack cheese: 2 ounces
- Avocado: 1 piece (sliced)
- Sour cream: ⅓
- Pickled jalapenos: 2 tablespoon
- To begin, combine ground beef with the seasoning.
- Use a grill or any other medium heat source to fry the burgers. Use olive oil for the fry.
- Fry on each side of the burger for 3-4 minutes until it’s well-cooked or light pink.
- Add salt and pepper for the taste.
- Now, plate your burger with avocado, cheese, lettuce, sour cream, and jalapenos.
- Finally, drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
10. Spaghetti Squash with Bacon and Blue Cheese
The last recipe on our list is going to be as delicious as the previous ones. It’s a 2-serve dish and you’ll need quite a long time (around 1 hour) to make this.
- Spaghetti squash: 1 (small size)
- Crumbled blue cheese: 2 tablespoon
- Sliced mushrooms: 1 package of 4-ounce
- Baby spinach: 2 cups
- Olive oil: 1 tablespoon
- Minced garlic: 1 clove
- Bacon: 4 slices (cut into half-inch pieces)
- Ground black pepper and salt
- Sour cream: ¼ cup
- Preheat your oven to 400℉. Use aluminum foil to line a baking sheet.
- Take the spaghetti squash and cut its stem off. After that, hold it lengthwise, cut right away, and remove the seeds.
- Use a brush to apply olive oil inside the squash and sprinkle it with pepper and salt.
- Go back to the preheated oven and bake the squash for 45 minutes or until it’s soft.
- Take a bowl and squeeze the cooked flesh out into it. Set the bowl aside.
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon for 5-6 minutes. Then, place paper towels on a plate and drain the bacon on them.
- Add garlic and mushrooms to your skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now, add the bacon you’ve put aside and spinach to the skillet.
- Stir and wait for the spinach to wilt. It should take 2-3 minutes.
- Take the bowl of squash and add mushroom mixture to it. Add salt, pepper, and sour cream to the bowl and mix well. Stir well to combine the filling.
- Sprinkle each half squash shell with 1 tbsp blue cheese.
Get back to the oven and bake for 4-5 minutes. This time, the squash should be heated through and the cheese should melt.
11. Pollo Tropical Keto Menu With Low Carbs Dieting
Pollo Tropical is a delicious and healthy way to lose weight. It’s a perfect dish for anyone looking for a healthy and easy meal. With only 10 grams of carbs in each piece, it’s low in calories and easily fits into any diet. Plus, the ingredients are all natural and good for you!
- Make your own low-carb dish by mixing low-carb ingredients.
Keto-friendly protein options include Mojo Roast Pork, bone-in fire-grilled chicken, and Shrimp Skewers.
- Consume no supper buns or wheat tortillas.
- Plantains, tostones, and yucca chunks are amazing!
- You can consume as much Curry Mustard as you like (there are no carbs!).
- For liquids, stick to Unsweet Tea, Mango Tea, Diet Coke, or Coke Zero.
12. Keto Jamba Juice Menu
Keto Jamba Juice Menu | Keto Juice Menu for Beginners When you’re looking for a delicious and nutritious meal, the ketogenic diet is the perfect choice. The keto diet is a low-carb, high-fat diet that helps you lose weight and improve your health. And with the keto jamba juice menu, you can enjoy all of the benefits of a ketogenic diet without having to switch to a new food plan.
Commonly Used Ingredients
- Goji Berries
- Orange juice
- Lemon juice
- Ginger juice
- Cayenne pepper
What Foods Should You Avoid on Keto?
Sugary foods and starchy foods should be strictly avoided on keto. Sodas, candy, cakes, ice cream, desserts, breakfast cereals, biscuits, sweetened yogurts, cookies, and pastries should be banned from your routine.
Starchy foods that are a big no-no on keto are bread, rice, most dried beans, potatoes, pasta, bagels, oatmeal, cereal, couscous, porridge, muesli, and French fries. However, you can go for keto rice, keto pasta, keto bread without worrying about anything.
Top Keto Diet Plan Questions and Answers
Question: What are the basics of a keto diet?
Answer: The main goal is to consume lower carbs and maintain a decent ratio between other nutritional facts. More specifically, it should consist of up to 5% of carbs, 10-30% of protein, and 75% of fat.
Question: What are the risks of doing a keto diet?
Answer: There are chances of low blood pressure, nutrient deficiencies, constipation, and kidney stones. Also, there’s a risk of heart disease as well.
Question: What are some cheap keto dinner recipes?
Answer: There are tons of options such as egg roll, taco salad, egg salad, fried cabbage, and so on.
Question: Can I drink milk on keto?
Answer: No, because milk is high in carbs.
Question: Can I have yogurt on keto?
Answer: Yes, but in moderation.