I love winter because it’s the time for making my favorite DIY moisturizer. Yes, you’re hearing it right. After learning the right ways to make homemade moisturizer, I don’t want another store-bought option, honestly!
It’s because when you understand your skin and what it needs, you can collect the right ingredients for it and make the most authentic product for you. This piece on the ‘best homemade moisturizer for dry skin’ will be your rescuer this winter. You can also check best skin care products for winter.
Let’s get the proof!
3 Best Homemade Moisturizer for Dry Skin
Here you go with some easy-to-make moisturizers to treat your skin in cold seasons.
1. Shea Butter Moisturizer
Winter is cruel for people who have dry skin. Still, if you can enjoy the chilling weather or the beauty of a snowflake if you choose an ideal moisturizer like this one.
Shea butter moisturizer heals your skin quickly and efficiently.
Do you Know? You don’t required a lot of it as it gives your skin a boost. And, this mixture doesn’t heal only, it also protects the skin from any further damage and comes with anti-aging powers.
Also, there will be cocoa butter in the mix because it has incredible moisturizing power and it does the job ultra gently. Hence, we are going to get the help of olive oil as well. Olive oil makes it easy to sink into the skin so that you surely get its benefits.
- Shea butter: ¼ cup
- Cocoa butter: ¼ cup
- Olive oil: 2 tablespoons
- First off, take cocoa butter in the microwave or you can use the stovetop to melt the cocoa. It’ll take only a few seconds to melt cocoa. So, make sure you remove it from heat right when it’s melted.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl. And, mix all ingredients properly.
- Allow the mixture to completely cool down. It’s also okay if you want to solidify it by placing it in the fridge, wait an hour in this case.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly. The final texture will be like butter.
- Finally, shift the mixture into a jar. It’s enough moisturizer for 6-8 months. And, try to use it using a spoon or spatula so your hands don’t introduce bacteria into the skincare product.
2. Moisturizing Mist
Sensitive skin is always hard to deal with. You may find it difficult to decide what’s going to suit your skin. So, what should be your step to treat your dry but sensitive skin in winter?
This bacteria-killing, moisturizing mist is the answer. But before we get into the recipe, we would like to share the fact that- not every moisturizer has to be solid lotion or cream. As long as the ingredients are right for the problem you’re facing, you should thank the skincare product.
And, the recipe we’re going to share with you, will kill bacteria from your skin and prevent breakouts.
- Lavender water: 2 tablespoons
- Peppermint water: 1 tablespoon
- Lavender oil: 5-10 drops
- Witch hazel: 1 tablespoon
- Mix all ingredients first. You can take a spray bottle and pour the ingredients into it. And, then, shake the bottle for one minute.
- Yes, that’s it. But you have to use the full amount within six months otherwise, there are chances of forming bacteria in it.
- If you ask, ‘when should I use moisturizer?’, the answer is- as you like.
3. Hazelnut Oil Cocktail
This skincare solution is going to help you to treat dry or combination skin.
Having combination skin means some areas on your face are oily whereas the other parts have a lock of moisturizer. So, you need a moisturizer that’s hydrating and bacteria-killing at the same time. The good news is, this recipe is going to help you.
- Hazelnut oil: 1 tablespoon
- Sesame oil (or jojoba oil): 1 tablespoon
- Avocado oil: 1 tablespoon
- Take a dropper bottle and pour all the oils into it. Secure the lid and then shake the bottle.
I mean, yes, that’s easy. However, remember that this amount only makes 12 uses. You can double it if you want to. Apart from the amount, for being an oil moisturizer rather than being a solid lotion, there is little to zero chance of introducing bacteria into the bottle. Still, try to finish it within 6 months.